We have many years’ experience in conducting engagement processes, and in particular at reaching harder to engage groups. We have developed a series of engagement models that support the development of strategic engagement planning, and we train managers from across the sector in how to use these models to undertake engagement needs assessments that lead to comprehensive engagement strategies and plans.
Our belief is that engagement lays the foundation for effective programmes, both for funders and participants. However, in practice, the engagement process is almost always not clearly thought out or delivered to the optimum and as a result, programme outputs fall far short of what they could be. In this time of financial squeeze where we all have to do more with less, it is imperative that projects are delivering close to their maximum impact and so engagement is more vital than ever.
We view engagement as a staged process that describes the journey from first contact and initial interest through to effective action or involvement. There are key elements of engagement that hold true across the full spectrum of projects and sectors.
Effective engagement gives the following results:
- Participants are committed to the programme goals and clear on what is required of them.
- Participants are genuinely representative of the target group.
The programme or course runs at, or very close to, full capacity. We provide the following types of engagement support to our clients:
- Design and Delivery of Engagement Processes. This could be as part of a larger programme or as a stand alone consultation
- Training and support packages for engagement teams.
- Consultancy on strategic design and engagement planning.
A bit of background on Kaizen and engagement
We are a leading organisation in the development of engagement theory. We are arguably at the forefront globally in developing engagement thinking and practice, providing consultancy on this within the UK and internationally. Our engagement models have been highlighted as best practice by organisations including DCLG and the Young Foundation.
We provide end-to-end delivery capacity for community engagement: we are able to deliver from the highest strategic levels to street engagement, events and workshops and can facilitate projects at each stage of the development cycle.
- Community Consultation and Research
- Design and delivery of multi-agency community engagement and empowerment projects
- Training on strategic engagement
- Skills training for frontline staff
- Being the honest broker in community processes
- Coaching and individual support
- Organisational consultancy around engagement and training design
- Strategic consultancy on community cohesion
We work from strategic levels right through to operational delivery and evaluation. We can work one-on-one with individuals, run training workshops for groups and facilitate large-scale multi-component programmes.
We are very proud that in our 20 years of work, across an extraordinary diversity of projects and sectors, every single project we have taken on has been a success.