Kaizen are a leading organisation in the development of engagement theory. We are arguably at the forefront globally in developing engagement thinking and practice, providing consultancy on this within the UK and internationally. Our engagement models have been highlighted as best practice by organisations including DCLG and the Young Foundation.
We have supported engagement strategy and practice for a wide range of organisations including: Guys and St Thomas’s Charity, LB Brent, LB Waltham Forest, Poplar HARCA, Trafford Housing Trust, Code forAmerica, London Wildlife Trust, HUB Residential, the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games, The Salvation Army, Sainsbury Family Charitable Trusts, Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service, St Johns Ambulance, The Princes Trust, and the Independent Office of Police Conduct.
Support areas include:
- Community Consultation and Research
- Design and delivery of multi-agency community engagement and empowerment projects
- Training on strategic engagement
- Skills training for frontline staff
- Being the honest broker in community processes and facilitating community meetings
- Coaching and individual support
- Organisational consultancy around engagement and training design
- Strategic consultancy on community cohesion
We work from strategic levels right through to operational delivery and evaluation. We can work one-on-one with individuals, run training workshops for groups and facilitate large-scale multi-component programmes.
We are very proud that in our 20 years of work, across an extraordinary diversity of projects and sectors, every single project has been delivered to time and budget and every consultation has met its target numbers, and then some.
Examples of engagement consultancy projects include:
- Support for UCL in developing a comprehensive model for community engagement and influence for their new campus in East London
- Comprehensive review of tenant and homeowner engagement for Southwark Council to provide evidence to support improvements and service re-design, including consultation with over 1000 residents in the Borough.
- Delivery of a large-scale engagement programme for LB Waltham Forest to explore different models for engagement in respect of development including the production of an engagement toolkit for officers.
- Delivery of a review of tenant engagement for Community Gateway Association, including community consultation, data review, benchmarking, stakeholder interviews, focus groups and detailed reporting
- Community consultation and support to develop an engagement strategy for Chobham Manor, one of the new neighbourhoods on the Olympic Park
- Expert facilitation for Hanover Housing Association to develop a resident engagement strategy, working with residents, staff and senior manager to overhaul the organisations strategy
- Consultancy and support for the London Legacy Development Corporation in revising their code of consultation for the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park